How Much Coverage Do I Need?

Posted on December 10th, 2015

We are often asked “How much coverage do I need?” The answer to that question depends on the person and the situation, but here are 4 different possessions and or circumstances that may not be covered. If you aren’t currently covered in one of these areas just contact your local homeowners insurance agent and they will help you get the coverage you need.

Home Business:

In most states your homeowners insurance policy will cover a limited amount of businesses equipment and supplies. However if you have a business based out of your home or if you regularly work from home, make sure you talk to your local insurance agent about obtaining additional coverage to insure all of your business equipment and supplies.


Valuable Collections:

A standard homeowner insurance policy will cover most of the contents of your home, but if you have a valuable collection or other expensive items, you may require more coverage. Talk to your agent to make sure you understand your coverage and they can help determine if your current homeowners insurance policy will cover your valuable possessions or collections.



Often homeowners insurance policies exclude the lost of some times due to theft even if those same items are covered in the event of a fire. This is similar to the exclusions mentioned above. If you have expensive Jewelry or other similar items, then you’ll want to



If they worse ever happens you want to know it will be covered. Make sure that you have your insurance agent does a review on your policy periodically. Zoning and building codes can change over time and the last thing that you want to happen is to find out something has changed and you aren’t covered.


A local homeowners insurance agent can help you determine that you and your possessions are covered to the needed extent and when disaster strikes you know you are secure in being covered.